1. A Lone Ice Skate: Not a figure skate, a hockey skate. It begs the question: did you happen to only put one skate on top your car, forget it and drive away!? Did you not hear the major calamity taking place on the roof of the car as it rattled around and eventually flew off, while denting and scratching up your car? Guess it was a hard night on the rink skating with one skate.
2. A Pair of Football Cleats - spread out over a distance of 25 yards: This one I can see that whoever lost these would have a hard time realizing it because they wouldn't have one lonely cleat missing its match. And obviously they haven't had another football game/practice since because they're still here! Maybe he wanted to lose them: I can hear it now- Coach: "Hey Smith get in there and knock the snot out of someone." Smith replies as he stands barefoot in his uniform , "Sorry coach, I lost my cleats, I'll have to sit this one out."
3. Money - Coins, I haven't come across a bill yet: How do these end up on the side of the road? When driving on a country road are people playing with their money outside of the window and drop some of it, somehow? I don't think I have ever fiddled with coins while driving, but that's me. Are they playing the ever popular drinking game quarters in the back seat and overshoot the cup? How do these get here? I am always so tempted to pick them up but don't want to sacrifice the .05 seconds it would take to pick it up. When, I come across the almighty quarter I really need to restrain myself. However, this runner was extremely thrilled to see one last week - here's the story: One day, on my way into work I remembered I was going to need $1.00 of toll money to get home and all I had was $.80. I scoured the car and my work desk and no luck. So I figured I would need to hit up an ATM machine, pay the $3.00 fee to get my $.20 I would need to get home. Then I remembered that I saw a quarter at about mile 5 yesterday during my run workout. That's when I knew what I would be doing during my lunch break - going to track down my toll money! Off I went, just hoping another desperate runner hadn't already found my loot. I was in luck that day, I ended up saving the $3.00 transaction fee and pocketing a cool nickel! All in all a good day - good workout!
4. Recliner - in the reclined position: If you didn't hear this huge piece of furniture get launched from your vehicle, while going 45 mph, you must of seen it as it took flight and if you didn't see that you couldn't of missed the 20 barrel rolls it must of done before it was laid to rest in the reclined position on the side of the road. I take it you figured it was broken, couldn't be fixed, so you left it for someone else to deal with - how nice of you! Or you must of been pretty surprised when you arrived at your destination and your recliner was gone. Your thought process: "I guess I got robbed, nothing I can do about it now. I guess I will just get another one but have it delivered. Man do I feel violated." But, for the record, I have been tempted to take a quick cat nap on one during my long rides or runs but I can't get passed the foul smell and the damp feel.
5. Couches For Sale: I have seen so many ugly couches for sale in people's yards. How does the pricing work on these items? How many days can it sit out before there is a price reduction because you know in stores, the floor models will give you a huge discount in price. Also, how many days does it have to get rained on before it becomes free?
Post your most interesting items found during your training rides/runs below! I can't wait to hear your best finds! Swimming counts too, if you're in open water, and you can see to the bottom, what treasures have you found?